Holiday Cottages Information Menu
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Northumberland.
Alnwick Castle, Northumberland
Our luxury self-catering holiday lodge is located just five miles south of the historic market town of Hexham. It is well
situated for all of Northumberland's attractions, including Hadrian's Wall, Kielder Water and Forest Park, Northumberland National Park
and Northumberland Heritage Coast, as well as the urban attractions of Newcastle and Gateshead.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Woodside Lodge, Hexham, Northumberland : Holiday Information
Post code NE47 0HA
Coordinates Latitude 54.914290; Longitude -2.111940
From the South
- Exit the A1(M) North at junction 58 on to the A68.
- Continue north on the A68, following the signs for Corbridge, passing through West Auckland, Tow Law and Castleside.
- After 24.5 miles, branch off left for Slaley and Barley Hill.
- Follow the signs for Slaley.
- Drive through Slaley village, then turn right on to the B6306.
- Turn left after the Travellers Rest pub towards Whitley Chapel and Dukesfield.
- Follow the signs for Whitley Chapel (2 miles).
- Woodside Lodge is in the grounds of Mire Meadows, which is the second house on the left after the Whitley Chapel sign, directly opposite Clickem House.
From the North, West and East
- Drive to Hexham and follow the signs to the town centre.
- Take the B6306 from Hexham (between Boots and the Tap and Spile pub) towards Whitley Chapel.
- At the fork in road, take the right-hand fork into Dipton Mill Road.
- Follow the signs to Whitley Chapel (5 miles).
- Go straight ahead at the crossroads at Whitley Chapel, with the church on your right.
- Woodside Lodge is in the grounds of Mire Meadows, which is the first house on the right.
If using a sat-nav, the postcode to enter for Woodside Lodge is NE47 0HA. Follow your sat-nav's directions until it tells you that you've arrived. You should now be at a farm called High Staples. Continue west for a further 500 yards, past the Whitley Chapel sign. Woodside Lodge is in the grounds of Mire Meadows, which is the second house on the left after the sign, directly opposite Clickem House.