Holiday Cottages Information Menu
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Northumberland.
Boat Hut, Holy Island, Northumberland
Our luxury self-catering holiday lodge is located just five miles south of the historic market town of Hexham. It is well
situated for all of Northumberland's attractions, including Hadrian's Wall, Kielder Water and Forest Park, Northumberland National Park
and Northumberland Heritage Coast, as well as the urban attractions of Newcastle and Gateshead.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Woodside Lodge, Hexham, Northumberland : Holiday Information
Covid-19 Risk Assessment
This Risk Assessment has been carried out following the guidelines on the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) website at www.hse.gov.uk.
Assessment carried out by Gillian Whatmough (owner), Woodside Lodge, Whitley Chapel, Steel, Hexham NE47 0HA on 30 June 2020.
- Contamination of the accommodation by guests who are asymptomatic or who develop symptoms whilst in situ.
- Transmission of the virus between guests and owners, guests and contractors or guests and the wider community.
Who is at risk?
- Guests with subsequent bookings, particularly the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- The owners and their immediate family.
- Maintenance contractors and their immediate families, particularly those who care for relatives who are elderly or have underlying health conditions.
- The wider public locally.
Actions to Control Risk
- Anyone who is exhibiting symptoms or who has any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus up to 14 days prior to their booking must follow the Government instruction to self-isolate, and follow NHS guidelines. They must cancel their stay at Woodside Lodge and not arrive at the accommodation.
- Guests already staying at the Lodge who show any symptoms must notify Gill and Neil Whatmough immediately and vacate the accommodation to self-isolate at home. They should notify the health authority and seek testing.
- Anyone in the vulnerable groups identified by the government should follow government advice and can contact the hosts for help and advice with their booking.
- Should contractors be required on the property, they will not be admitted if they are exhibiting symptoms or have reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus within the previous 14 days.
- Guests will be asked to follow guidelines on social distancing. All interaction between the guests and owners will take place out of doors.
- Contactless arrival and departure: the keys will be left inside the Lodge.
- For the duration of the Covid-19 outbreak we will adopt the cleaning practices recommended by Public Health England (PHE) for Cleaning in Non-Healthcare Settings. See Covid-19 Decontamination in Non-Healthcare Settings.
- An enhanced deep cleaning regime, paying particular attention to frequently used items (handles, switches, remote controls), using disposable cloths and gloves, wiping down and disinfecting surfaces with virucidal cleaner which conforms to EN14476 standard. Hand sanitiser, cleaning cloths and disinfectant will be provided for the guests' use.
- The whole property will be thoroughly aired after each stay.
- Guests will be asked to strip the bed and place the sheets and towels in the laundry bags provided.
- Bed linen, towels, dressing gowns, mattress and pillow protectors will be washed at 60C.
- Pillows, duvet, cushions and throws will be removed, disinfected and quarantined after each stay, and replaced with a freshly quarantined set.
- Guests will be asked to empty all bins, and place tied bags in external waste bins.
- Crockery, cutlery, pans, dishes will be washed in the dishwasher after each stay.
- Tourist information booklets, OS maps and DVDs removed. A list of DVDs will be supplied; if any are required they will be sanitised and left in the Lodge.
- 48 hours will be allowed for changeover between guests.
- If the owner has to enter the property for any reason this will be prearranged with the guests and will take place when they are absent.
- This policy will be reviewed monthly until the threat of Covid-19 threat has passed.